Please visit the new Coyote Mercury Blog.

It's even all up-to-date and everything.


Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hound Update

Okay so Phoebe seems to have adjusted to the idea that the humans will be gone for the better part of each day. I am happy to report a lack of destruction for the past two days, and she seems genuinely excited to see us when we get home. She even barked at me when I walked in (a very high-pitched bark that sounds odd coming from a dog of her size), which was startling since greyhounds aren't known for barking. She apparently learned the skill from a doberman in her foster home.

She's still shy when we approach; obviously she's not used to being treated well by people, but then mistreatment is the life to which most racing greyhounds are accustomed. I love the dogs and watching them run together in the backyard is great fun, because they truly love to run, but the greyhound racing business just turns my stomach. I can't imagine mistreating these beautiful animals. Dogs are great. People suck.

Tagged: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home